The name of the BSI automatic coupler goes back to the German company “Bergische Stahl-Industrie” (BSI). The BSI coupler head was originally developed for light rail vehicles for the automatic coupling and uncoupling of wagons but is now also used in a larger number of passenger trains.
Dellner’s BSI automatic coupler is designed for regional and intercity trains, metros, light rail vehicles and trams. It is part of Dellner’s modular design concept and features a rotating anchor as a deformation unit for crash absorption. The BSI coupler can be offered for all applications with Dellner’s patented safety locking device.
- Modular design for greater flexibility and better functionality
- Deep integration into Crash Energy Management system
- Maximum performance
- Centre section with gas-hydraulic damper
- Pivot anchor for better deformation absorption
- Total energy absorption of the coupler: 1 MJ
- Pneumatic connections for main air
- Impact/tensile strength 1000/600 kN